Usb-stick connection issues

Hi,

Since yesterday I changed our software from laserworks to lightburn. At first everything seemed to be working well but now I have some issues transferring the file from lightburn into the laser via USB-stick.
I’ve uploaded the machine profile and the computer found the laser and uploaded the machine profile without any problems. I made a small test by sending the file with a connected usb-cable from my computer into the laser and everything went well. After that I disconnected the usb-cable and tried to do the same with a usb-stick and that went well too. Then I restarted my computer and laserburn still recognized the laser but when I tried to upload another test with the usb-stick from my computer to the laser problems starting to appear. The laser still reads the usb-stick and the file but after the file is uploaded the file in the laser gets duplicated and is completely empty. So now I can’t upload the files via a usb-stick…

I’ve also tried to install an older version of the software but this doesn’t seem to work too. I also tried to upload the machine profile again but this doesn’t do the job too. I also repeated this cycle and it was exactly the same as the first time.

Did anyone run into these issues too? And does somebody know how to solve it? I contacted our software supplier helpdesk and they said they never heard of this problem and that it might be a bug in lightburn. Help is really appreciated because my computer is quite far away from my machine.

Thanks in advance!
Peter

Are you going through the “unmount and safely remove” dance before you unplug the USB stick from the PC every time ? If not, the ensuing errors will eventually wreck the filesystem enough to require a reformat.

Source: been there, done that, still wear the t-shirt. :grin:

Hi Esnisley,

Thanks for your reply! the weird thing is that the USB-stick works after I’ve connected the laser with my computer with a USB-cable. But after restarting my computer the problem occurs. I’ve also tried your suggestion to format the USB but the problem still occurs…

I’m now trying to connect it with ethernet cable, but this gives other problems because lightburn can’t find my laser…

Thanks again for your reply, I appreciate it!

You’re best bet is Ethernet. I don’t know how you are connecting it, but you can’t plug a dumb device (non DHCP) directly into your PC Ethernet port without some IP settings.

You can plug it into your lan, but you have to ensure the Ruida IP is set via the machine console to exists on your lan and that it’s not a duplicate IP… The Ruida is a static device, so the router can’t serve it a different address. It also uses UDP/IP, so the expected operation of the Ruida on the network are a bit different.

I had to bind the MAC address of the laser to it’s IP on the router ensuring it will always keep that address available and not give it to another device…

IMHO… dump the USB and get your Ethernet working…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.