Using 3d printer and Laser at the same time

I have a 3d printer using simplify 3d and a ruidia controlled 130w laser.

I would like to be able to connect both to my laptop and control them at the same time.

Is this even possible?

Once the 3d printer is running, lightburn no long recognizes my laser until I turn off the 3d printer and close simplify. I have tried swapping usb ports and manually connecting to the com port, but I will not connect.

Thanks for any help.

That shouldn’t be an issue here. If you manually choose a port for the Ruida in LightBurn, that should work - I can use multiple Ruida controllers connected to the same PC. If you run LightBurn first and connect to the laser, does that work?

(I’m wondering if Simplify is locking out the port to the laser, thinking it might be a printer)

So I can get it to work if I connect the laser first. If I connect the printer first, I can not connect to the laser even if I manually choose the port. Any fix to this?

I have no idea what’s actually causing this to happen, so I need more info.

Do this:

• Turn off (or disconnect) both the laser and printer
  • Run LightBurn
  • Go to Help > Enable debug logging
  • Connect the printer
  • Right click the ‘Devices’ button (tells LightBurn to reconnect)
  • See if you get the 'Found RDC … ’ message at the bottom of the screen
  • If not, manually click choose the port the laser is connected to
  • Count to 5
  • Quit

You’ll find a file called ‘LightBurnLog.txt’ in your Documents folder. Email that to support at lightburnsoftware with a link to this thread so I know what it’s about (or just attach the file here)

LightBurnLog.txt (271.0 KB)

Com 11 is the 3d printer.

I also use a docking station with the printer and laser plugged into it, but the debug was done with both connected directly to the laptop. I have gotten it to work if I connect the laser first while simply is not open. Once simplify is open even if the printer is disconnected the laser will not connect.

You have two bluetooth serial ports in the machine that look like they’re confusing the connection code. It’s doing something a little strange though - it shouldn’t be picking those up at all.

That is very odd as I only have a single bluetooth serial port (my mouse) connected during the debug. Will you or someone from the support team be available for a brief call sometime so I can explain the situation better and possibly resolve the issue?

I’ve PM’d you. Check your messages (upper right corner icon)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.