Using layers to create no burn area

I have been exploring LB and since right now I am working on making rubber stamps, I would like to clarify something.

If I make a rectangle box (fill)and assign a layer ( green) then create a shape such as a smaller oval (fill) green, when I overlay the oval over the rectangle, the oval becomes clear. Which I take it to mean, no burn in the oval area. This would give me a raised oval(no burn) on a recessed background, correct?? Color over same color produces no burn. Is there any other color(layer) combination or layer setting that produces the same effect. I also realize the project needs to H flip to use as a rubber stamp.

Just checking to see if I have this correct

Yes, you are on the correct track. The boarders of filled shapes act as a toggle, turning the fill on and off as it crosses boundaries. Here is an example.

You may also want to leverage the following when producing stamp engraves.

Ramp Length

This setting can be used to slope the sides of an engraving by varying the laser power, and is useful if you create rubber stamps, particularly if the designs have thin regions that need extra support. The ramp length controls how far from the design the slope will extend.

Note: On a DSP controller, the ramp varies the laser power from Min Power to Max Power, so you must set these differently to get a ramped side. Typically you would set Min Power to be just above the firing threshold of your laser.

Thanks for the help

1 Like

Welcome. Please don’t hesitate to update with your results. :slight_smile:

Ramp Mode. This would help you too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.