Using LightBurn at school - force default settings at startup

Hi everyone!

I´ve been using LightBurn for few years at our Teijo Makerspace (Finland) and also help local schools to use lasercutters on LightBurn. Feature, that I often get asked, is how students and teachers could have same settings, licence code, windows, clb-files, machine presets etc. when they log in with their own user account to computer that runs laser.

I just found, that there is a way to do force presets using prefs.ini-files, and Ive been trying that out for few days now… With no success. Instructions that I´m trying to follow are from this post.

I have copied defaultprefs.ini-file to C:/ProgramFiles/LightBurn/ but if I change something in settings and open LB again, it remembers all last changes…

So is this method still working, and is there any way get it working?

Thanks for your time and expertise in advance,
Heikki

It appears you have followed the steps correctly, so I would like to review the “defaultprefs.ini” file you are using. There may be something wrong with it, we like to investigate further. It’s likely either failing to load the file because the JSON is malformed or because it doesn’t have permission to read the file.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.