Utilizing a template in Lightburn

Perhaps a silly question. I have converted my wife’s pantry to a French Cleat system for both doors. Lots of boxes to make so that she can customize the high use items in easy reach. My approach is to make boxes using Boxes.py @ UniversalBox - Boxes, and to then simply apply the attached template (Import), for the French Cleat using the Node edit function.

My question would be is there a simpler method?

Note: I have no desire to program so the Universal Box option is really useful and otherwise easy to manipulate in Lightburn. This is particularly true utilizing the Resize Slots function.

PS - It would be terrific to add a French Cleat maker to the Tools menu in some future update.

A slightly easier workflow might be to add your French cleat design to an art library so rather than importing you’d just drag it from the library into your design. Would this work better for you?

Hope this helps.

I think the boolean functions or the weld function might be easier to use than the node edits, but this depends on how your current setup looks like.

Definitely the best thing would be to combine both tips, add your template to the art library, so you can drag it. And finally use Boolean operations instead of editing the nodes.

In any case, perhaps THIS section will help you, since you can change the type of attach to the wall to the French cleat system.
In addition to all the configurations to adapt to the size you need

PS: I’m using a translator, sorry

Totally Marcus. Still on a learning curve! Thanks for the heads up. I’ll need to trim it a bit more and then add it. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Boolean operators would make it quick and easy. Translators have expanded voice to the world. Your suggestion is terrific and I thank you.

1 Like

Super advice, and greatly appreciated. I adjusted to the Boolean Assistant makes it super easy in fact. I can hover over my project and make the appropriate change without have to test each operator individually.

So this week (since Monday) I’ve learned how to properly use the Resizing Tool and Boolean Operators/Assistant! Major win!!!

Thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.