Variable Text with Emboss/Difference?

I need to use variable text to emboss instead (basically draw a bounding box around it and difference the text from the box). Is there a way to do this, or am I stuck doing it by hand?

Please show examples of what you want to produce, and we can go from there. :slight_smile:

Google Photos

Text on left is embossed, text on right is regular. I’m looking to do variable text to replace #0xBETA with #0x0000 and so forth.

You can change the text to be Variable and that current setting should work. Have you tried that?

To achieve the removal of the box shape, leaving the text to appear raised, both shapes need to be on the same ‘Fill’ layer.

This is worth review to fully understand how LightBurn uses boundaries to toggle which shapes get filled.

Oh cool, I thought they needed to be differenced some how. Thank you, I’ll give it a try!

The only complication you’ll have is if the text is differing widths - you’ll need to make sure any of the variations fit in the box, or set a ‘Max Width’ value on the text object to force it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.