VIDEO: Quick Tip - Easily Clean Your Laser's Bed

Tired of dirty cuts from your laser cutter? In this quick tutorial, you’ll learn how to dissolve the gunk and grime that accumulate on your honeycomb bed using household laundry detergent, ensuring your laser cuts are always sharp and tidy.

LightBurn Tutorial Playlist:
https://lbrn.info/s1FJi

Download LightBurn today as a Trial Here:
Download / Trial – LightBurn Software

If You Need to Renew Your License Click Here:
Renew your existing LightBurn License Key – LightBurn Software

2 Likes

Great suggestion! Much better suggestion than using solvent cans or pressure washers.

If you can get it where you live, I recommend using DAWN dish liquid. Tough on oil, gentle on seabirds.

3 Likes

Dawn dish soap is great stuff. Its pretty much the only thing I use for cleaning 3d printer beds when IPA no longer does the trick.

I tossed the honeycomb within about a week. I’ve use a metal plate to secure everything since then. Using the same metal plate for multiple years.

The plate wipes off with easily with solvent …

:smile_cat:

Wondering, when you are cutting through wood, do you elevate the material or does it lay flat on the steel plate?

I set it up, usually on 5mm magnets stuck to the plate… This is regular stock fan, lid fully open short video of 5mm sub flooring

The honeycomb allowed the smoke to go everywhere, and less out the vent with the honeycomb, so it was the first thing that got tossed.

I expect when you cross over a magnet, that is not good for the bottom. Too bad nobody makes cone magnets, right?

I like your exhaust system performance. Very obvious it was doing its job. What kind of exhaust fan motor did you use?

And yeah, I already know your opinion on using a honeycomb.

Actually you get pretty good at placing the magnets out of the way… There is nothing perfect that I’ve found for these… it’s just the way they work.

The only change from stock in the video is the steel plate. Same stock ventilation fan and the lid is fully open. When I got it, doing this, it would fill your face full of smoke.

Needed to do was only to allow air intake from the front, then get rid of the honeycomb to get it flowing correctly. This is also the stock aquarium compressor.

It flows very well with the lid shut down to about an inch…

This is a lot of my type of work I doubt I could ever get the magnets right.

If you are wondering, that is the back of the scrap.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.