LightBurn has three places where units of measurement are defined - Design, Control, and Device. Design is what’s used when creating or laying out graphics in your Workspace. Control is used in the Cut’s and Layers window, and when jogging your machine. And Device is used to tell LightBurn whether your device expects to receive metric or imperial units.
I know, I know… but perhaps the question is more about whether people who can’t see or understand the difference between millimeters and inches have the prerequisites to properly operate a laser machine.
…on the other hand, why not?, it’s not IQ-dependent to own a weapon either…
I have plenty of knives (weapons) and a meat cleaver in my kitchen, never did have to sign a release to use any of them. As an office I’ve seen lots of stabbings from knives, shivs, screwdrivers and other pointed stuff. I’ve also seen someone beat to death with a hammer… not pointy but definitely a blunt instrument. Millions of ways to harm yourself or others in our world.
Bottom line is, it does nothing for the user, it’s only liability protection for the vendor or manufacturer. Maybe the issues are based elsewhere..?