VideoJet 7510 Compatibility

Anyone know if by chance lightburn can be used on a VideoJet 7510 fiber laser? I just bought one at an auction and was curious. It comes with it’s own software, but would nice if I could just use lightburn like all my other lasers. Probably a long shot those for an industrial fiber.

For controller it says, “Smart Graph software on PC; configurable in 12 languages (option)
CLARiTY™ Laser Controller”

I spoke to a ‘rep’ here

He advised their hard/software is proprietary… meaning Lightburn will not operate on it…

Might be able to change out the controller, which is what the software talks to… that would be my only suggestion…

How big is it, power wise and did you get a good deal at the auction?

:smile_cat:

It’s an industrial laser, so price is a bit higher than what an omtech or thunder would cost, but relatively I think it was a good deal. $5400, less than 30 hours on, can be used on a conveyor belt with an encoder, and a fume extractor included (VideoJet AD), 50 watt. Think all together it’s about $60,000-$70,000 new from videojet. My current thought process is to sell it and just buy a Thunder fiber lol.

Might be a good idea…

I run only on Linux based systems, so I steer away from anything that is restricted to a ‘windows’ only platform…

Good luck…

Let us know how it works out…

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.