"Waiting for connection..." over and over and over. But it worked the first time!

Hi there - I just set up my Ortur Laser Master 2 and downloaded the latest version of Lightburn (still using the 30 day trial). Lightburn immediately recognized my laser and the setup process was much easier than I thought. I went to work and quickly burned my first project. Then, a few hours later, I came back to work on a new project and now I can’t get Lightburn to connect!

The “Console” tab just shows “Waiting for connection…” No change if I right click on “Devices”. I checked to make sure I had the latest software update and I do. I’ve quit and restarted Lightburn (and my computer…oh yeah, I’m on a Mac, if it helps). I tried different USB ports. I’ve powered down the laser and powered it back up. The laser, itself, does appear to be on. I’ve even disconnected my laser from Lightburn and added it. Upon doing so, Lightburn recognized my laser yet again, but still won’t connect.

Why would it have worked so flawlessly the first time and now I can’t get it to connect at all?!

Thank you for your input, @anon88048707. I was able to figure it out…and it was a dumb reason. Next to the “Device” button is a dropdown to select the source of your connection to the laser, and for some reason, mine was defaulting to “bluetooth” instead of “usb”.

So after all that troubleshooting, it was because I didn’t bother to look at, and change, that dropdown lol.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.