Waiting for connection... protect_flash_ret:0x105, flash id:c84017

I have 2 xtool d1 pros. One is extended. I was able to get the extended to work but the reg size would not. Then it switched, the reg size works and the extended will not. I keep getting this message. Waiting for connection…

protect_flash_ret:0x105, flash id:c84017

I’m using a MacBook Pro for both units and can’t figure out what is keeping this thing offline. I did try in xtool xcs and found that it would do nothing other than move with the direction pad on the xcs program. But nothing else, framing nothing!

The machine might not be able to distinguish between the two machine over usb…

I’d suggest you unplug one and see if it works, then do likewise to the other… one laser at a time…

I assume, because they are different sizes, you have separate devices for each?

It sounds like it connects to one OK, whichever it connected to works…

:smile_cat:

I’m trying to run both on one MacBook pro. I have gone back and forth unplugging and plugging the other in several times with no luck. Only the regular size one works. I’ve removed both from devices and reinstalled them both manually as well.

Have you swapped usb cables?

This is commonly a usb issue where it doesn’t want to connect…

if you run lsusb from a command prompt and post the results…

This is to see if the os is actually seeing them…

I think @berainlb has a mac, maybe he can assist…

I’ve switched back and forth several times with USB cables. Both cables run the one unit but not the other.

Sorry, at the command prompt I’m not sure what to type in before lsusb, if I’m supposed to. When I type that in it just tells me command not found.

You might have to install it… I don’t have a Mac at the moment, but it’s also Unix based, so many of the commands that I use work on them…

I was hoping one of the other guys might know… or do what I’d do, google how to install lsusb … I found this link, but that’s the best I can do…

You want to know if the device is connected … there might be another way to do that with a Mac…

Sorry…

When this message comes from the Console window in LightBurn it’s a direct message from the xTool D1 Pro that is communicating with LightBurn.

This could mean that the write enable switch is incorrectly selected on the control board of the xTool D1 Pro. It could mean that the attempts to change the working area in Machine settings didn’t complete and the xTool Firmware is out of sorts.

Did you install the specific Driver for the mac?
https://www.wch-ic.com/downloads/CH341SER_MAC_ZIP.html

For the Windows PC you should use the Windows driver that xTool advises.

LightBurn is set up to do this.

You will be well served building two different Device Profiles; one for for your xTool D1 Pro and one for the xTool D1 Pro - Extended.

With two different devices powered up and connected, click File, click New Window. A second instance of LightBurn will start. In the new instance click, Devices (in the laser window) and select the second device profile.

When you close LightBurn, it will save the settings and preferences from the window you close as the device of choice. When you restart, you’ll want to open that device first by default.

The Thunderbolt hubs for the Mac seem like the most stable USB adaptors. How have you connected your USB devices to the Mac?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.