Warp tool questions

I’m using a roller - not super concerned about rolling smooth for the tests I’m running

1 Like

Looking at online stuff, even the chuck type rotary setups don’t tilt when designed for gantry lasers. Except for one or two brands.

Correct - that’s the intended use.

1 Like

Cut out a ring out of a thin wood. Inner diameter the diameter of the lower end of the tumbler. Outer diameter the same as the largest diameter of the top of the tumbler. Slip it on the bottom of the tumbler, pop it in the rotary and it’ll lay “flat”.
I thought about this when I looked at tumblers and noticed the almost all had a taper to some degree to them.
We do egg carvings, and I was hoping this warp function would help with image placement on them. Only one test so far, no joy… so much other stuff to do at the moment.

OOOH - that’s an interesting idea I hadn’t heard yet - thanks!

Interesting!

Wouldn’t that only be true if the vertical sides were perpendicular to the bottom to start with and not angled (tapered) at all?

I certainly can see in my mind how this would work if the sides were not tapered. Great tip!

Not quite sure what you mean. I’m suggesting a ring that goes on the bottom of the tumbler, that makes the bottom diameter, the same as the top diameter so it lays in a rotary device better. Of course you don’t need it if you have a chuck type.
Just compensates for the difference in diameters.

If you take this image as an example, as @StevenM has said, I don’t believe your suggestion in this instance will work. If however it was a straight line taper your method will be perfect :+1:

TUMBLER PARALLEL ON ROTARY.DXF (36.2 KB)

Hopefully this will clear up my mental picture in digital format. LOL

1 Like

Yep, very interesting, all clear now, thanks :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.