Weird docking behavior when maximizing lightburn

I recently downloaded and installed Lightburn to try out before purchasing. Installation and device setup went smoothly but upon restarting LB I had the following issue.

> By default LB opens as a resizable window and in my case, the color palette is not visible. When I maximize the window, palette is now visible but the stack docked tabs (Laser and cut/layer) seem to blend into one another. When window is restored down, pallet once again disappears as does the blending issue.

> Resizing the width of the dock works fine when LB is in resizable window format but not when maximized (more specifically, the width of the dock can be changed but as soon as the mouse cursor leaves the dock area, it reverts back to its initial size)

> If the Laser or cut/layer tab is manually undocked, it cannot be redocked. The only way to reinstate it is to restore default layout. Undocking and redocking works fine with other tabs though.

> When trying to cut with my laser for the first time, the frame function outline was way larger than my design (a test 10cm x 10cm square) while cutting was exact size. The framing issue eventually went away once LB was restarted, just thought I would mention it anyway.

Please see attached picture for the blending issue.

Reading around on the forum, I tried the following but to no avail:

1. Restore default layout
  2. Holding shift while starting LB
  3. Uninstalling, cleaning temp, etc and reinstalling.

Ultimately the problem is that the windows along the right side all have minimum heights, and if the combined heights are larger than the height of your display, they won’t fit and weird things happen.

• You can dock all the windows together, as shown here: Update to 9.10 and 9.11 to big window "Laser"

• You can reduce the size of the toolbar icons in Edit > Settings, which frees up some space for the side windows

• You can dock your palette window vertically along the left or right sides.

Thank you! That’s what I thought too but wanted to confirm.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.