What am I doing wrong (print and cut with no camera)

Is this a software setting or calibration issue? I can draw a 8.5x11 paper outline and it is perfect.

It looks you have a problem with dimensional accuracy.

1. Confirm that the photoshop image is actually dimensionally accurate. I know you’ve done this at the page level but check the actual design elements. It’s possible that the way the image was created has included areas you hadn’t anticipated.
  2. Confirm laser calibration. Are you burns dimensionally accurate? Leave photoshop out of this and work within LightBurn. Either create your own test or use the Calibrate Axis feature in Edit->Machine Settings. Right now looks like you might have a calibration issue on the X-axis.

One you’re confident about dimensional accuracy for both then try again. The next problem will reveal itself.

So the dimensional test you are referring to would be what exactly? (25mmx25mm) and measure with calipers?
I will check out this calibrate axis feature you are talking about and see what that is.

I have taken one of these and cut it out and the tag size are correct, just not the spacing from printer to lightburn.

Is there a procedure or workflow to ensure dimensional are correct from one platform to another?

Yes. The larger the shape the less margin of error.

If this is a true statement then your design itself must be flawed. Recheck gaps between tags in Photoshop and LightBurn. Dimensional accuracy will extend to whitespace as well.

What you’re doing isn’t necessarily flawed. It can be made to work.

But if your current laser configuration is unable to make dimensionally accurate burns then nothing you do from a workflow perspective will correct for it.

Are you able to share the .lbrn file for review? If so, can you document the expected tag size? and expected gap?

Please confirm that what you print from Photoshop actually matches your expected dimensions. It’s possible also that the printing workflow is resizing things although I know you’ve mentioned that you’ve printed to size. Just want to eliminate that from the conversation if possible.

1 Like

If it’s an axis calibration issue the 8.5 x 11 paper outline you drew will be slightly different sizes between what is actually produced and what the software is showing the sizes as. If this is the case it’s a very quick fix. Can you confirm both of those?

This may be worth review:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.