What computer is best with lightburn to run in Xtool D1

Hello. So I bought the xtool D1 all excited not realizing that I needed compatible computer for the light burn software :man_facepalming:t2::joy: being the non computer savvy guy I am I just dove in head first lol that being said, I have an HP Chromebook (can’t figure out how to get the light burn software to work on it) and I also have a dinosaur of an iMac that I thought I can upgrade and I was wrong because it’s so old, so back to the drawing board.

My question is what computer can I get that is a Mac or windows that would be compatible so that it won’t cost me an arm and a leg OR can I do something to get my HP Chromebook to work with the light burn software. I’m assuming the computer has to be a 2015 or newer :man_shrugging:t2:. I would really appreciate some help with figuring this out. My xtool is just staring at my soul in my garage rn. :expressionless:

Thanks in advance

Which specific model do you have? If you can enable Linux application compatibility there are some on this forum that use the Linux version of LIghtBurn on their Chromebooks. This may be a bit of a challenge if you’re not tech savvy, however.

What version of MacOS runs on it? LightBurn can work on fairly old versions. Have you tried running LightBurn on it?

Pretty much any computer from the last decade or even older would run LightBurn adequately. LightBurn officially supports Windows 7 and newer. Can’t recall specifics on MacOS at this time but I ran it without issue on a 2013 Macbook Pro running Catalina.

LB runs perfectly on my mid 2011 iMac running High Sierra 10.13.6. Although I’ve never connected it to my Laser, so I’m not sure if there would be any sort of USB communication issues.

I’m also running LB from my WIN7 64bit PC. This one is connected to my Laser cutter and it runs perfectly. No glitches whatsoever, so far.

Both these pc’s run pre-subscrition versions of Adobe products - which I’m more than happy with. I don’t have the need to upgrade, unless they break down of course.

This is one of the great things about LB, being able to run on older PC’s. Don’t think you must update your pc, have a good look into it first.

The money you save could be best spent on materials to cut/engrave. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.