What influence does the "Min.Power" setting have in fill mode? (CO2 - DSP)

What influence does the “Min.Power” setting have in fill mode? (CO2 - DSP)

No influence at all :slight_smile:
Correction below.

As the docs state:
This setting is only used when you’re using a DSP or are engraving an image using Grayscale Mode, with any type of laser other than UV.

The Min Power setting is only needed when working with Grayscale images, but in the 2.2 RC-2, it shows greyed out, even when it’s never used on vectors (Line and Fill modes)

I believe, that will change:

I think I’m not quite there. In my setup on my OMT CO2 (DSP), minimum power has a big influence in line and fill mode. It’s only in image mode that min.power has no influence. (grayscale mode not tested)
And there’s nothing greyed out either.
What have I misunderstood?

Sorry, It’s been a while since I’ve used my CO2 and I misremembered things.

The Min Power setting does get used in Line mode on DSP lasers. (as the docs state :slight_smile: )

This is what you demonstrated in your picture


As far as I understand, on DSP devices with Fill Mode, the Min Power setting is only used when using a Ramp Length

You can visualize this in the Preview by enabling “Shade according to Power”:

Thanks for the reply Aaron,
I’ll look into it a bit closer :wink:

Let me know if you still have questions afterward. I’d be happy to help clarify them and, if necessary, ask the docs team to update the pages.