What is happening here?

When I am trying to burn an image, my laser head seems to skip or become out of line, you can see in the image I attached my first attempt it started burning off the side. Then the second time I tried it seemed to rotate and move further on one end than the other after that I ultimately stopped the burn. I have my omtech 60 connected via Ethernet. I have been able to successfully burn images and I cannot find a pattern to why or when this happens. Has anyone seen this type of behavior when burning images? It happens on grayscale as well as dither.

Crazy thought but if i had to guess, one side of your X is getting stuck and your X axis is getting off squareness with the machine frame mid engrave

make sure nothing in the linear rails, and both belts are tight and healthy

Ok I lubricated the rails with some dry graphite lubricant, and the gantry actually moves much smoother when pushing it by hand, I had it apart the other day to diagnose and I actually found a loose screw dropped into the rail presumably from assembly, so I removed that, but that didn’t seem to solve the problem initially after I put it back together. I will try and run something tonight and see if the lubricant did the trick! Thanks

Let us know how it goes!

I was able to complete a large picture engrave without any problems!

I had a little trouble sending the file to my laser, but that I attribute to my wife watching Netflix at the same time on the internet… Need to set up more QOS for the network. But using a USB stick worked perfectly.

1 Like

Netflix… affecting bandwidth since 2000 :smiley:

Glad you fixed it. keep a good eye on it, those things tend to creep back on you