What is the correct or best work flow for Active Z machine

I have a OpenBuilds Workbee 1010 CNC with a auxiliary Laser. I currently Have my Work Offset set to [G54:-720.500,-768.500,-94.000] to put the origin in the Front Left Corner as Lightburn Requires. The Z value puts the Focus of the Laser at the bed.

Now It seems when I run a job it traverses at Z=0. Do I need to recalibrate to the work piece? Is there just a Z probe Offset? or Do I need to write a macro?

The Set Origin and GoTo Origin don’t seem to effect Z.

I have tried to use a bit of my probe Macro of G10 P0 L20 Z0. No mater what I try to do to keep the Laser at 25mm above the bed or at the focus height of my material it want to travers at Z=0

The Other Odd observation I see is when the laser travels from its current position to the start position to the it does NO Z move but when It return to the end position it travels to Z=0

Please excuse the delayed response. :slight_smile: Slipped through during our move, we promise…, weren’t out on the beach or anything fun like that.

This is a good review of how LightBurn can assist in controlling your Z axis: Z Axis Controls - LightBurn Software Documentation. Start with this and let us know how you get on, and we can go from there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.