Whats this on my tube?

(Ignas K) #1

There is a white block on top of my tube. Looks inline on kV wire.
Power resistor for discharging ? Sensor of some kind (cant be as no data lines coming off it)?
What is it ?

Never seen anyone elses setup having something like this…

(Anthony Bolgar) #2

Looks like a splice connector to me.

(Ignas K) #3

It was suggested in another forum that it may be a thermal fuse of some kind.

(Hank Morgan) #4

Ceramic insulator.
It covers the place where those 2 wires join. I got an extra with mine, loose in the bag of goodies.

(Ignas K) #5

It may be this. My tube hot end is connected with proper connector, no “twisting wire on post and silicone” nonsense.
So not so cheap, them chinese. Put a roper post connector on… Nice

(system) closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.