When Using Rotary, Must I Always Rotate 90 and Mirror?

So, when I work on my projects normally (when not using the Rotary), the orientation of the design as well as the output at the laser is fine (and matches).

But for over a year, when I do Rotary work I always have just rotated the design -90 degrees and then mirrored it so it would output properly to the object on the rotary.

For example, if I created this (normal orientation):

The result on the Rotary is this (90 degrees wrong / mirrored):
The Controller shows:

The output on the object is:

Once a rotary design is complete, I must set the design like this (-90 flip, Mirror):

To Get this:

Turn your rotary around 180 degrees, that will solve the mirror image, and you do need to rotate the image in lightburn 90 degrees.

2 Likes

Well that’s not good (to have to rotate the Rotary 180 degrees). But that makes complete sense. I used my Rotary in this orientation on my old laser. Assumed this one was the same. See I already built my jig and now I don’t want to have to do that again :slight_smile:

Do the manual flip for now, but I have an idea for how to make this easier in the future, and it should be a relatively easy change. I’m not going to say more until I have a chance to play with the idea.

2 Likes

You already read my mind. You don’t have to say. I was thinking the same thing.

2 Likes

I was doing the mirror and change origin position on my ruida controlled blue and white. The hot dog roller didn’t have a long enough wire for it to be flipped 180. I reversed the coil pairs at the Y axis plug and now I have a what you see is what you get output.

I was considering the same thing, but I wasn’t sure of the outcome. I appreciate your post, so I know now that is a viable solution.

For me, I prefer my chuck rotary in the orientation I have it in. Being right handed, it feels more natural for my left hand to chuck while my right hand supports the objects.

I’ll have mine rewired today! :+1:t3:

Well… maybe today. I got busy. BUT I will post back confirming when I do.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.