Where to place on laser bed

I am trying to figure out where to place the 12" x 12" stencil sheet on the bed. So that each cut is centered within a 6" x 6" area. Bed size is 600 x 400

I have similar projects and I do it this way…

Some way to ‘orient’ it on the table. I have a rolled steel sheet with holes in it.
You can barely see the holes around the top right of the photo.

Draw out a ‘jig’, in this case I’m using plywood. Cut the holes for the alignment screws and place it back in the machine with screws, so it’s ‘keyed’. I can now cut with ‘absolute coordinates’ the ‘hole’ for alignment that I need. I engrave the x, y coordinates of the top left position so I can place my design there.

This is a 12"x12" mirror in the centering jig.

I cut a ‘box’ for a friend that is larger than the machine that only had corners for a cover of his radio. It was larger than the bed, but did a corner then ‘flipped’ the material for the other corners… They have to be symmetrical…

Does any of this help at all?

:smile_cat:

1 Like

I ended up putting it in the top left corner of the bed and it came out relatively centered but not exact. I think I’ll just likely end up cutting into 6" x 6" pieces and try again. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.