Which camera should I use

Hi, really great community here. I am considering swapping my Leetro for Ruida based on the blog by MSRaynsford, it was from his former business that I bought my little 40w Just Add Sharks Blacknose model . It’s just 400 x 300 bed but adequate for my needs.
My question is regarding which camera to use as I will order one the same time as the Ruida. To avoid any possible calibration disturbances with lid position changing when opening,it won’t be much of I know but it can happen, I thought of mounting it in centre of lid to use when lid is closed. This gives me a max height of 200mm and therefore the 160 degree lens with a min 148mm height Requirement would be good. At least when lid is closed the position should be exact. Not to worried about my view through lid with camera in middle. But as mentioned in videos the 160 is harder to calibrate or maybe you think different. If i go for the open lid mount I have 650mm height to play with and have to stabilise everything like various other blogs have advised. Interested and open to opinions.
Regards
Tony

With the size of machine you have, the 160 mounted in the lid should work fine.

Ok thanks for such a quick reply. I’ve watched so many videos that I only just realised it was a lightburn video.
Thanks again.

How about a 300x500 bedsize? Trying to determine if I need 5 or 8mp and to what degree angle. Thanks!

5mp would be fine for that size. For the angle, go to Help > Camera Selection Help and it’ll tell you the minimum mounting heights for all our cameras.

What camera would be best for a 635x889 bed?

What camera would be best for a 635x889 bed?

The one able to see the whole bed from the height you wish to mount it.

Okay, I measured 25" (635mm) to the lip of my lid. Am I right in saying the 60 is best, since 500/0.825= 606?

The lid is on an angle but I’m assuming your new mount rotates, so it should be okay?

No, that’s incorrect - you’re measuring using the smaller side, not the larger one. It’s honestly easier just to plug the size into the Camera Selection Help box in LightBurn:

If it’s 25" from the work surface to the mounting spot in the lid then the 5mp-120 looks like the best fit.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.