Why doesn't work the "Frame" button with "Laser Offset"?

Hi, I’m using the Creality Falcon 10W. I installed a red pointer laser to use external red crosshairs. In Lightburn, turn on “Enable Pointer Offset” in “Laser Offset” parameter, with a setting of X: 30mm and Y: -24.8mm.

To test, I draw a 20x20mm square and select “Start From: Current Position”, like this:

I position the laser somewhere within my work area and Fire! And “Start From”: “Current Position”

When Burn, the offset configuration running perfectly, but the offset doesn’t work when make a “Frame”:

This makes the framing feature completely unusable and useless with the external crosshairs :frowning:.

I am doing something wrong? This is an error? or what happens?

Thanks for your help guys!

Ich habe auch das Problem beim Rotary Kit. Dort wird mir auch ein falscher Frame (Rahmen) angezeigt. Es wird der Umfang des Objektes nicht berechnet, obwohl ich alles eingegeben habe. Nur beim Lasern geht es… Das scheint ein Softwarefehler zu sein…

Hi William,
I’m not 100% certain about this but it is my understanding that Lightburn does not control the frame function, Lightburn only sends the command to the laser to frame. It essentially just pushes the frame button on the laser for you.
Personally, I don’t think it would be a good idea to even allow the laser to run an offset while framing. Doing so could override the travel limits and cause the laser head to crash.
What I would suggest is to manually send the laser head to the corner coordinates of your job from the Move window. The offset should work and you can line up your material

Can you create a video of this behavior and your workflow please? You can’t upload videos to the forum but you can link to a video hosted elsewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.