Why laser still ON

Dear all,
i start working with Eleksmaker Laser and Lightburn 9.06. I use this for cutting ribs of rc sailplanes. I happy about but have question. I see when laser head move from one cutting side to another new one the laser beam not switch OFF. Still ON. There are solution for this?
The screen not allow modify Power Min field. I think this is my problem.
Could you help me?
Tanks a lot

The screen doesn’t allow you to modify the Min Power setting because on GRBL that’s only used when engraving grayscale images.

Most likely you haven’t enabled laser mode ($32=1) or you have the spindle power value mismatched between your LightBurn settings and the GRBL $30 setting. Read here: https://github.com/LightBurnSoftware/Documentation/blob/master/CommonGrblSetups.md#common-grbl-setups

Tank you very much OZ for your suggestion. Laser working fine

1 Like

The issue I have is that I allways have to enable laser mode. Is there a way to keep the setting / save it in the controller?

Worst case, you can make a macro in LB that you hit every time you start. Might make things a tiny bit better.

Which controller? Firmware version being used?

I have only ever seen this with XCarve’s controller - I believe they reset everything when you power cycle the controller, so there’s not much I can do to fix that.

I have an EleksMana V5.1 I Have to find out what version and use GRBL 1.1F. The software I use is Lightburn on a windows 10 and MacBook Pro OSX

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.