Will Xtool D1 WiFi finally come to LB 1.4?

@LightBurnSoftware it’s been a year, is there an update on D1 WiFi support?

We have no updates at this time regarding D1 wifi support.

Sad, but thanks so much!

There is actually a very good reason NOT to use wifi for Laser work, especially if the project runtime is more than a few minutes. If for any reason, your wifi connection drops during processing, your progress is wasted. While Lan connection would be better, even that can pose some risks in material waste if your network is disconnected during processing. I have experienced this numerous times in the operation of my system and decided to move my dedicated Mac mini right out in the shop to use USB and avoid the disconnects.

Since my workspace is very limited and I didn’t want to tie up space with a monitor, I use my iPad as my primary monitor (not extended secondary) by using a superb app called YamDisplay. The iPad can use both USB directly or connect using an additional app by the developer called YamAir via wifi. I also use my iMac and connect via the built in VNC screen share function when I need a larger screen to work from. Both methods work very well.

The way wifi would work here would actually be to export the gcode and send the entire file to the machine and it runs entirely locally. This is how I use my machine via wifi without being tethered. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.