Windows 11 and upgrading software

I like this software but have 2 questions.

1. Is it ready for windows 11 as I am planning to upgrade any day now.
  2. When I upgrade the software to a newer version, I get errors. So I reboot my PC and then run the upgrade and then open Lightburn. Not a deal breaker. Also also have a solid-state drive if that matters.

Hi Mate, I am running current version of Lightburn on Windows 11. It runs smoothly and has no bugs. I think it depends on what you mean by upgrading the software to a newer version and getting errors…sounds like a Win11 install problem… I could be wrong. Anyway good luck.

Can you be more specific? What errors do you get?

Just to note, this happens when lightburn is not open. I closed it and still got the same error. I do actually have the latest installed, I just have to reboot and immediately install. Also I have not installed Windows 11 yet. I just wanted to know if it has been tested yet.

The COM surrogate is a thing Windows uses to run the thumbnail previewer. If you get that regularly, just un-install the previous version before installing the new one and that should solve it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.