Wishlist: Would love to have an eraser/brush tool which would delete/break vectors in its path

For quick editing of nodes it would be great to have a brush tool. A circle brush you can adjust the width and then be able to just pass over lines and break things apart into their own objects, or completely erase.

Say I have this design and I want to quickly remove the outer frame in some places. Its really not an easy task right now in Lightburn. I can make some shapes and overlap them on the line and use the Boolean difference in some places. Or break/edit nodes manually. But I think a pen/eraser tool would make it so much faster if I could pass it over and it would simply delete anything in its path.

2021-01-30_160258

Or maybe there is a better way and I just donā€™t realize it yet?

1 Like

yeah - Iā€™ve also requested a way to CROP a photo/png in lightburnā€¦ a nice basic editorā€¦ oh, and double click to select a whole word with the text editorā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you looked at ā€˜Apply Mask to Imageā€™? Image Masking - LightBurn Software Documentation

1 Like

Nothing as you describe available currently, but we understand the request. The ā€˜Edit Nodesā€™ tool provides multi-node select allowing large section deletion, and you could also use the ā€˜Trimā€™ feature to assist removal today.

@Rick - I had not looked at that. Iā€™m not a photoshop guy so all the masking stuff has me just thinking about tapeā€¦ :slight_smile:

John

Both kinds offer options. Glad I could share this ā€œmaskingā€ with you. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.