With grbl 1.1f when I turn on the power the stepper motor lock

I have updated the firmware of the control board on grbl 1.1f and the problem is that when I turn on the power on the board the stepper motor lock and everything is drunk and nothing works on lightburn. What I found strange was when I had grown grbl 0.9i everything worked very well

Did you tell your control board the settings for your machine after flashing the newer GRBL?

Humm no, I did not do it, but how do I do it?

Nobody to help me?

While we do have others here that are using the Eleksmaker A3 pro, you are asking a software forum for help recovering the settings of your hardware. You may not be asking in the right place. You may also need to wait for those folks to get around to seeing your request.

There is a separate group for these types of machines on Facebook and quite a few people there use LightBurn, so they should be able to advise you more. Redirecting...

For future reference, you will want to copy the settings stored in your firmware and then reapply them once you update/flash to a new firmware. Any new firmware will be set with default values and knows nothing of your particular configuration.

Here is another great resource for your setup.

http://wiki.eleksmaker.com/doku.php?id=elekslaser_a3_pro

As another member previously posted, "Scroll down to the bottom "operating instructions" and follow that. Once you have it working in elekscam, it should work in lightburn. Follow the instructions to the letter and that will get you up and running…"

Before updating the firmware, you type $$ into the console, and copy the output somewhere (like notepad).

After updating to the new firmware, you can paste the previous output of the $$ command into the console or a macro, or just enter the lines manually.

Having said that, since you updated the firmware before recording the settings, you’d have to re-flash your old firmware from EleksMaker, and hope that it includes their factory settings, or just find someone with an existing A3 who can output their factory settings for you to apply to your controller.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.