Won't Resume after Pause

Had to have been a power glitch.
Paused it for 9 hours 3 days prior and had no problems.
All sleep setting are set to never. :slight_smile:

As said before, nothing to do with OS sleep settings. You need to explcitly turn off USB port sleep in the driver settings.

Bo,
I did explicitly turn off any and all sleep setting.
I do have a reasonably good knowledge of PC’s after selling them for 15 years.

1 Like

What kind of machine and controller do you have?

See, same as every time! No reply…

I don’t have an XCarve or XController. I do have 7500 other users, the flu, and jet lag from being on planes for the past three days. I have logged as a bug that GRBL sometimes does not resume after a pause. I have never paused a job longer than a few minutes, but haven’t ever had an issue with resuming a job.

I asked which machine you had, and you told me - thank you. You haven’t said which firmware the C3D board is using, so that isn’t useful until you fill in that detail, and I have something to go investigate.

Try to understand that LightBurn is 3 people, two of whom are part time, supporting a large number of users with different machines. I might not always reply, but it doesn’t mean I didn’t hear you.

You can PM me your license key and PayPal details and I’ll happily refund you and void the key. I don’t want your money if you aren’t happy with the software. Either way, I plan to look into the pause issue and will figure out what’s happening. Whether you can wait for that is your call.

Don’t include me in your “everyone” statement.
I found my issue was a power glitch.
The “Pause” feature works perfectly. Have used it for up to 9 1/2 hours without fail.
I do recommend that you start your own topic and not piggyback on mine. It makes it hard to be sure the advice given is meant for.
Thank you Lightburn for such a GREAT product. It’s worth a lot more than most people give it credit for.

2 Likes

Thank you, though this isn’t the first time I’ve heard of an issue with pause. It does seem to happen much more often on very long pauses, which does lend itself to possible electrical noise or connection issue, but I haven’t picked it apart yet so I can’t say 100% that the pause / resume code is bullet proof, and I’d like to be able to.

Scott - I searched the forum and your only posts are in this thread, so I honestly have no idea what you’re referring to. You may have posted in the C3D forum, perhaps? I haven’t seen those posts as I don’t go there often. So when you say “a simple reply weeks ago would have sufficed” if you didn’t post here I’m not sure how I was supposed to do that.

I wasn’t trying to be grumpy with the refund offer either - it was genuine - though I’m running on about 6 hours sleep total for the past 3 days, so I might’ve been a little snippier than usual.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.