Won't Resume after Pause

I used Lightburn with my JTech 2.8 Laser on my X-Carve over the weekend. At 1:00AM I pause the burn. At 10AM I resumed the burn with no problem.
Tonight I was 7 1/2 hrs into a burn. I paused to come in for dinner. When back out about 30 minutes later and it will not resume.
I have left everything up and open in hopes of finding a solution and get it to resume. Hate to throw away 7 1/2 hrs :frowning:

Possibly some electrical interference reset the connection while paused. It is on the task list to investigate this further. For now, you could restart the engraving with a 180% angle and stop it when it meets the old one.

So if I start from the beginning at a high IPM and only 10% power, when I get to where it stopped, I would need to PAUSE the burn, adjust IPM & Power and hope RESUME works :slight_smile:
Is that correct?

I was suggesting starting the job from the opposite side of your previous scan. To do this, double-click the ā€˜Layerā€™ to expose the ā€˜Cut Settings Editorā€™ window and change the ā€˜Scan Angleā€™ by 180 degrees.

Using ā€˜Previewā€™ will show the cut starting from the opposite end and you can then pause when the new cut ā€œmeetsā€ the previous one.

Thanks, that sounds like a positive solution.
My idea of changing IPM and Power didnā€™t work. The IPM would not slow down when changed.

Rick,
Sorry I didnā€™t understand this post. Your second post opened my eyes to what the 180Ā° did.
Will be setting in motion in the AM.
Thanks!

1 Like

LightBurn buffers the entire job being sent, so pausing and changing the settings doesnā€™t affect the project being transmitted. You can load and start editing a completely different file while sending a previous one.

Using 180Ā° burn allowed me to complete the burn.
7 1/2 hrs the other day and 6 hrs today, but it came out great!
THANKS!

Congratz! Show us that 13 1/2 hrs work. Show us, show us! :wink:

This is 18" x 12"

3 Likes

Nicely executed, and this is the ā€œrecoveredā€ project. Nicely done.

Excellent job at the recovery!

Thanks!
Rick saved the day!

Glad this worked out for you. And thanks for the kind words, but I think all of it is due to magical powers of LightBurn. I just pointed you to one of the cool features. :wink:

I am very pleased with Lightburn.
Looking forward to learning more and creating some cool burns :slight_smile:

Sorry for the plugā€¦

I have been testing a laser diode on a XoY DIY cutter andā€¦ wellā€¦ this is strangeā€¦ the problem that the op is reporting has happened to me as wellā€¦ for at least different 3 times. Whenever i pause a on-going workā€¦ if i take too long to unpause it then it will no longer answer to the resume command. Is this a bugā€¦ orā€¦ is it a controller malfunction? It just happens when i take a little more time to instruct the resumeā€¦

Anyone else is facing this?

Possibly your pc sleep settings have caused the USB chipset to reset.

Turn sleep off entirely, but put a blank screen screensaver if you need to.

1 Like

That would explain itā€¦ indid. I will check itā€¦ although I believe that I have no sleep settings configuredā€¦ nonetheless I will make sureā€¦

Thanks for the tipā€¦

Not your general OS sleep settings - itā€™s in the driver settings in your device manager.

I would be more precise, but all Windows PCs are packed away.

USB port sleeping is a common thing for power saving - youā€™d have to turn it off in the device manager for that port as Bo says.