Wrong home position after update to 1.4.04

Just got prompted to update to 1.4.04 so I did it. Now my lasers home location is not correct and Im not sure how to fix. Have a OMTech 60 watt with Ruida 644XG controller. Everything has been working fine until I just updated

You laser won’t have changed. The device settings tell Lightburn which quadrant the machine operates.

I update quite a bit, and I’ve never seen this change, so I don’t know how you are updating.

:smile_cat:

It does seem weird. I went under the help tab and checked for updates. Then I believe it opened it in the browser to download. Then I ran the update. I ran out for a bit I’ll have to try more options in a bit

Ive seen a ton of posts about 1.4.04 dropping peoples settings and resetting them. Never been so happy to have stuck with 1.3

Problem solved. Restarted computer and laser and everything seems to be normal again

LightBurn makes TONS of backups of all of your settings, and it’s extremely easy to restore those should something get corrupted or change. All you need to do is do a File/Load Prefs Backup and select one of the many backups to completely restore all of your preferences at any point and time. I’ve used pretty much every version of LightBurn for years, including many Beta versions and have never “Lost” anything. Nothing has changed, all works great. I upgrade every time…

Good news
Just a matter of grabbing variables
a) what windows version please
b) do you have any antivirus, like McAfee or similar
c) When you restarted, all settings came back without any restoring?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.