X and w axis stuck at 1000x1000

can anyone help i have been at this for a day now and still not got anywhere my control keep saying 1000x1000 my bed size is 600x400 i have tried to factory reset turn it of then back on it goes to 0x0 then jumps back to 1000x1000 at last second and bangs on wall can any one help

If you axes are at maximum after a boot, like yours, it usually because of a failed home operation during boot. Yours seems to indicate neither x or y axes was detected. You can press esc and the boot operation will quit or not execute the home sequence… that helps in debugging what is causing the issue.

If you did a true factory reset, that was a mistake… This operation wipes all of the vendors configuration data and restores it to the Ruida factory settings, not the vendor settings.

You might be able to recover using file → load prefs backup… unless you used Edit → Machine settings to save your configuration…

It’s easy to save this before you load the prefs… It’s easy to delete, but much more difficult to recreate from nothing.

You probably had some kind of hardware failure. You can check the home switches pretty simply…

They are also visible via the machine console Z/U → Diagnosis

Good luck … keep us updated.

:smile_cat:

sorry for late reply there are two settings on machine to be honest I’ve tried that many things that I’m not sure if i did both reboots or the second one when i watched a u tube fix i was going to have another go at it tomorrow I’m not very tech minded at all it has only happened when i upgraded light burn on my laptop then it starts playing up

You kind of lost me…

I don’t know what you have tried or which video you watched…

You’re probably dealing with a hardware issue…

When something fails in the middle of a job…

There is no gremlin that visits the controller and changes things…

In other words, don’t start assuming it’s a firmware or software issue… software doesn’t break, hardware breaks.

So take your time and tell us what have you done, along with a link to the video(s)… there are a ton of loser youtube videos out there…

When you start answering questions suggested in the first post, maybe we can help you…

Did you try any of those?

1 Like

when i started the machine up for it to home it went to the back left like hallway but started to bang i pressed escape and stoped it i looked on the machine screen and it says x 1000 y1000 z 300 i turn it of try again and it repeats i look on internet and try a few things definitely did fh8888 on the vendor settings then turned the machine of then back on again when you look at the screen it looks like its fixed but at the last minuet the screen changes to 1000x1000 then the banging i have tried this a few time the same thing happens each time the ring is I’m not 100 percent if i have done the factory setting as well can this be fixed ?this only started after i have done my up grade on light burn

one other thing there are no limit switch like the one in the video i no what they are i have them on my cnc router

If it’s halfway, what’s it banging on?

I suspect these are 10 times that…

What did you do after you enter the password? If you’re a novice, don’t go into these areas if you need a password.

In Lightburn, Edit → Machine Settings. Save them and then go to the restore prefs backup.

You should save them again under a different name…

When it boots does it go the right direction?

Did you check to see if the home switches are working and the Ruida is seeing them?

sorry what i mean to say was it goes to the back left corner like always does not stop and hits the back left corner my machine bed is a ruida xg co2 80w 600x400 on the screen it says 1000x1000 way to big to reset the vendor setting i put the password hf8888 then turned machine off then back on again I’m not sure if i did the factory setting as well when i start the machine up yes it goes in the right direction but does not stop this is what the banging is

You need to check the operation of the switches as I stated in the first post… The x and y values will be corrected once you fix the homing issue. So lets start there…

Check both switches for proper operation.

Is this a new controller?

All sorted it was a wire that had disconnected it self in the track got co2 lasers repairs to come out and repair excellent service they supplied back to running well

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.