X and Y shift adjustments

I have been trying to get my camera (lightburn camera 120degree, omtech 80w laser) set up correctly in lightburn, not trying to do anything specific at this point just trying to dial things in. I can print a circle adjust everything with the x and y shift in the lightburn camera window, send a cut or print and its lined up the first time, but if I move and try a different spot, it’s off kilter and needs to be adjusted again. I’m getting frustrated only having it align in one spot doesn’t help me, especially if I have to print it wrong first. Any suggestions

Erratic results usually happen when the lid or camera stops in a slightly different position every time the lid opens. Some folks have resorted to adding cables holding the lid at a known position, just short of fully open, against the pressure of the gas struts. The tolerance is sub-millimeter, so having the lid position “look good” is not good enough. Check all that hardware to make sure all the screws are snug and there’s nothing interfering with the final position.

It’s also worth noting that the camera lens calibration (the first process with the dotted paper) depends critically on having a flat piece of paper, with that sheet flat on the surface every time. If you used a kinda curly sheet, as I did the first time around, doing it again with attention to the details of the instructions will probably produce better results.

Aligning the camera to the machine (the second process with the 1-2-3-4 targets) should use as large a pattern as will fit on the platform, so tweak the scale factor to embiggen it as much as possible, then do not move it while selecting the targets.

Unfortunately, it’s a rather finicky process with exactly one way to go right and many ways to fall off the rails.