xTool D1 Infrared Laser Module Issues

Thanks for posting this. I believe I am having the same issue. New IR module was barely making a mark. I did a ramp test and adjusted the height and believe my module may be 1 mm off but I’m unsure.

Some research showed the 1064 module is more sensitive to the correct focal length than the 20 W diode.

Part of me is also unsure exactly what depth and quality to expect from the module. I may simply need to secure some better test materials.

I’m having the same issue with the 10w laser. I set my power to 100% speed to 4 and it barley makes a mark on standard plywood. I set my focal distance with the foot. I wish the 10w had the variable setting option like the 20w. I’m going to have to manually fiddle with the hight and some shims.

Keep it simple… as advised more than once, please do a ramp test.

That will tell you.

:smile_cat:

Sometimes the dirty lens will also reduce the power of the laser head.You may clean the lens and light shield , you may refer to this video: How to Clean the Light Shield and Laser Lens for D1 – xTool

I just got the device and this was my second cut so Im pretty certain it’s not dirty. Taking me about 6 passes at 100% power 4mms speed to cut through 1/4 plywood. About twice what I thought it would be based on the xtool material guide.

Ok,I see,No worries, please send email to xTool technical support for help, they will help you figure it out, here is the link: Contact Us | xTool

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.