XTool D1 Jumps or Skips Position

Grandma Makes It In SM Jig-1.lbrn2 (219.0 KB)
Hello, I’ve been using this machine for a few months now and have experienced these random X and Y axis jumps. It happens while engraving wood using the fill operation and has destroyed several projects. At first it seemed like it was hardware related, belt tension etc., but I have noticed that if it is not caught right away and goes to the next layer in the program, the laser will go to the correct spot for that layer and continue the burn.

The most recent fail happened in the second pass (crosshatch) of the third layer (the spoon). The Y axis jumped about -15mm. It then went on to the correct position for the fourth layer, made it almost all the way thru, then jumped in the X axis several times for one charter of a word and completed the final charter in the correct spot without issue (the words " makes it"). See Pic.

I have:
LightBurn 1.2.04
XTool D1 10W Firmware V40.30.003.01 B9

The machine has produced many correct projects between failures, but the fail costs are starting to add up. I have uploaded a pic of the fail and LightBurn file. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks,
George

Grandma Makes It In SM Jig-1.lbrn2 (219.0 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.