XTool D1 Pro 20W Hard Limit Triggered

Hey All

First post in this forum.

I have an xtool d1 pro 20w. Had an issue with the y timing belt ripping. Got a new one and replaced the belt.

Since replacing, I am unable to move my xtool to the left in any way, shape or form. When i hit the home button, it will only move along y axis to the top of the machine.

When i try to manually move it to the left with lightburn, the hard limit alarm is triggered right away.

I have taken everything apart 3 times, checked all cables, all belts are properly seated in the clips and around the gears.

Anyone have any other suggestions on where I can go from here?

What caused the ripping to occur?

I’m guessing that for whatever reason the X-axis limit sensor is detecting that it’s always being triggered. This is preventing any movement for the X-axis.

Check around the X-axis sensor and look for anything broken or that would be causing a false positive trigger.

Try disconnecting the sensor. Does that allow the X-axis to attempt to home?

Can you try running this command in Console several times and then return the full output?

?

That’s meant to return machine status. I’m not certain xTool have allows switch status to be reported there but it’s worth taking a look. It’s also possible that XCS has a feature to show this but I’m not aware.

Thanks berainlb I will try to disconnect the limits when I get home from work and try to run that way. Will update.

Instead of disconnecting it, you could disable the limit switches in XCS under the device settings. This only disables the out of bounds limits, it does not disable homing. I always suggest disabling it, as it does give you a bit larger work area.

Disable the limit switches, turn the machine off, back on, then in the console in Lightburn type $H followed by G92 X0 Y0 to ensure the machine doesn’t think 0,0 is in the middle of the field and thus triggering out of bounds.

Thanks for the tip. I got it to stop alarming by disabling the limits in xcs and using lightburn to move around normally,

Now my issue is when I home the laser, instead of going to the top left corner like it always has it just goes to the 0 on the y axis but doesn’t move at all along the x axis.

Random question, are you typing $h or $H? I found the capitalization matters with the XTool.

Exactly how your typed it. It should all be on the same command line correct so:

$H G92 X0 Y0

This is where the machine ends up after I type the command in the second picture.

It’s showing that the left limit is still triggered right away. The up limit only gets triggered when the machine moves to the Y0 position .

The two commands should be separate lines, you want it to home first, then set home as user origin.

Double check the wiring to your X limit switch and that there’s nothing stuck in it. I assume you can manually move X by using either the buttons or movement commands?

I can manually move x using the buttons and movement commands.

I’ve quintuple checked all the wiring harnesses. Taken everything apart and made sure all wiring is intact and nothing is broken to any of the connectors or limit switches.

All limit switches are intact and the wiring harness is completely out of the way. Im tearing my hair out at trying to get a response from xtool support or anyone in the xtool support community.

Try disconnecting the sensor to confirm whether or not the switch trigger state goes away. That basically confirms the issue is with the sensor itself.

If the trigger state persists then the problem is north of the sensor.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.