XTOOL D1 Pro 20watt burn speed

I have been using my Xtool d1 pro 20-watt laser for a while now and I have noticed that the estimated time in lightburn and the actual burn time is getting worse. For example: a project with an estimated time of 33 mins is taking over an hour and larger projects and can have over an hour longer burn than estimated. Has anyone else run into this issue and is there a known fix?

I have tried resetting the laser, computer, lightburn. I have also deleted the laser and re-imported it into lightburn. I have checked the Firmware and updated in xtool and from what I can tell, everything is up to date.

Have you done this also?

This is what Mine looks like?

Did you click on read from controller?

:smile_cat:

Looks like default settings.

Hi.

Every single one of us :slight_smile: .

The “fix” is to adjust the preview parameters to match the realtime burn times.

Since it’s not a closed loop system (iow no feedback), the LB preview and the time estimate it gives can be thought as a virtual laser that runs solely based on the preview parameters.

Regards,
Sam

:finland:

I did not consider it that important, but I never thought to edit the parameters, thanks!

More of a hack…

If it’s using the actual parameters the machine runs, it’s usually pretty close… makes me wonder… since it’s emulating the machines operations which are based on these values.

:smile_cat:

Not always. I get reasonable estimates when my laser is 1000 miles away. I think it uses the Cuts/Layers settings too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.