Xtool D1 Pro homes fine, butcrashes upon start of engrave: starts to move then continuous beep and freezes

I have a Xtool D1 Pro and am using a 3rd party laser (laser tree 20W). I can home the system without problem. However, when I start the burn/engrave process, the gantry starts to move but then emits a loud continuous beep and freezes. If I manually move the laser eslewhere and select to start at the top left corner, there are no problems. It seems that there must be a problem with a limit switch or something related to that? I have re-checked all of my cable connections and the problem still happens 100% of the time. Only when I start with homing the system, then try to start using absolute coordinates. I tried once moving it slightly away from “home” before starting the engraving, and it still happened. Only when I move it well away from the left side does it NOT fail. Help!

It sounds like a configuration issue. You may be running out of bounds and hitting soft limits. Can you post a screenshot of your machine configuration? Type $$ into the console window and screencap the GRBL settings… There are some really smart people in the forum who will dissect these for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.