xTool D1 Pro Homing Issue

I installed the extensions today. I changed the XCS setting to Laser Super Long and changed the Length in LightBurn to 930mm. Here’s the weird part. If the gantry is in the upper half of the machine and I press HOME, it goes to HOME. If the gantry is in the lower half, it moves 550mm toward HOME. On and interesting note when I enlarged my other Ardunio based CNC I had to change the $130 and $131 measurements. When I look at them using console in LightBurn they are $130=432 and $131=406. I would have thought that $131 would have changed to 930. I tried to manually change it in LightBurn by entering $131=930 but it won’t write to the controller. On a positive note the machine appears to move throughout the extended area. It just won’t home from the lower half. Any ideas?

Windows 10 64 bit
XCS v1.0.0-beta 6.8
Firmware V40.31.002.01 B5
LightBurn 1.2.01

Controller Settings
$0=1
$1=0.03
$2=0
$3=0
$4=0
$5=0
$6=0
$10=255
$11=0.0
$12=0.0
$13=0
$20=0
$21=1
$22=1
$23=0
$24=25.0
$25=3000.0
$26=250
$27=1.0
$30=1000
$31=0.1
$32=1
$100=100
$101=100
$102=0
$110=18000
$111=6000
$112=6000
$120=2500.000000
$121=300.000000
$122=300
$130=432.000
$131=406
$132=0

You may find success writing new settings to the controller by applying the write enable switch on the xTool D1 before entering your new settings in the Console window. Some controllers just won’t allow it. Please test/verify this and report back. :slight_smile:

xTool D1 write protect switch

No luck. It worked just like last night. I started by restarting the computer and the D1 Pro with the switch in UPLOAD (Unlocked) position. I started LightBurn and entered $$ in the console. It showed $131=406. I attempted to change it by entering $131=930 and enter/return. If I enter $$ again it shows $131=406, not 930. This is the only Ardunio based controller I have with a lock/unlock switch and the only one I’ve had issues with. It’s weird that if I load XCS, connect the D1 Pro and set it to Laser Super Long then exit XCS. I can start LightBurn and homing works as it should from any position until I turn off the D1 Pro. Once I cycle the power on the D1 Pro it will not home from the lower position. I can get it to home but have to hit the home button a second time.

I’m assuming you’ve seen this: https://support.xtool.com/hc/en-us/articles/7881720780183-How-to-set-working-size-for-Extension-Kit-in-LightBurn-

Yes Sir. That was one of the first things I tried. Tonight I’m going to try re-installing the Firmware Update V40.31.002.01 B5. Maybe it didn’t load properly. I noticed last night that the D1 isn’t saving the settings after being turned off. In XCS I changed if from Laser Short to Laser Super Long and everything works as it should until I turn it off. When I power it back on it’s back to Laser Short.

Any update? I’m pulling hair with the same issue. Drives me nuts

I guess I should updated this a while back. So here’s what I found out.

1. XCS doesn’t maintain the setting for the extensions length. Default appears to be Laser Flat. You have to re-select Laser Extension Kit EVERY-TIME you power up.
  2. xTools controller is locked. IE you can not change the stored settings. You only get the settings they give you in their firmware.
    Ever though the controller is Arduino based you can not change the GRBL settings. Programs like Arduino IDE, LightBurn, ETC will let you view the settings. You can even go through the motions of making changes to $130 & $131. Sadly I can’t get the controller to keep the settings. They revert back to the xTooll settings.

The best work around I’ve come up with in LightBurn is follow these steps.

1. BEFORE powering up the laser manually move the laser head to where you want home to be.
    2.Power up the xTool Laser
  2. Turn on LightBurn and open the MOVE window.
  3. Click on SET FINISH POSITION. NOTE:The laser will return to this position when finished.
  4. I typically use that as my HOME/START and STOP position so I also click CLEAR ORIGIN and SET ORIGIN.

Since I started doing this I haven’t really missed the HOME function. If anyone finds an off the shelf controller that will drop in and isn’t locked, I’ll be all over it though.

I had the same problem on my xToll D1 pro.
Looks like some HW problem to me.
When I pull the laser head back all the way I can see that the sensor just barely reaches the frame attachment.

I could fix it by moving the frame attachment.

That did fix the problem for me.
(Cannot take any guarantee though.)

br

Did this last night and it worked until I put the Honeycomb back in place and then the cable angle changed and blocked it from going back again.
Going to try zip ties to hold the cable flat against the back of the back, maybe to the motor mount or something. Otherwise I’m thinking routing the cable on top may be the way to go. May even try a drag link setup.