Xtool D1 Pro Infrared module alignment

Hello,

I am having some alignment issues with the infrared module. I have followed the directions on Xtool’s support site for setting up and configuring the module in Lightburn. Here is what I tried.

Cut 4 holes to the same diameter (I used a micrometer on the coins) as my coins I wanted to engrave in a piece of thin cardboard.
Placed the coins in the holes I just made without moving the cardboard ( I had it taped down). They were a snug fit, no slop.
Tried to engrave them by placing an image in the “hole” on the design file. Made sure it was centered an all that.
When I engraved it they were still about 1-2mm to the right and just slightly down.

Tried cutting the holes with my 20W diode module and repeated the same process. Way off this time, like almost 6mm.

Not sure if there is a trick to line this thing up so I can use a jig for items or not.

I am having the same issue, after cutting a template with the 20 watt laser I swapped in the infrared laser and it does not line up with the template. There has to be a way to align the two lasers. I ruined a set of 6 Tie Tacks not realizing the alignment was so far off. I will keep looking for a solution.

I just burnt a new template for a bar style necklace with my 20 watt diode laser, I then installed the infrared laser and ran the sam template. It doesnt mark wood very well but just enough to get some measurements. The difference was -3x and -7y. I set the laser offset in device settings and now my infrared is spot on! Hope this helps you also!

infrared offset on diode laser templates

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.