Xtool D1 taking way too long to burn projects designed or imported in/to Lightburn

First I’m really new to the laser world!! I have a XTool D1, all firmware and software are updated. When I created a grayscale grid in Lightburn and previewed it, Lightburn told me that it would take 89hours 43 mins 35sec to burn. I reached out to someone about this problem and they sent me a downloadable file for greyscale and Lightburn told me that it would take 5hours 19 mins to burn. Is there settings that I am not using properly? Need massive help!!!

Diode laser engravers are slow. The mistake I see most often is folks running them (or trying to run them) too fast. If you run the test pattern too fast you will make junk - like the first three that I made. :smiley:

The objective of the test pattern is to see which 10 minutes of that 5 hour test pattern is gold and which settings to avoid.

This is a sacrifice worth making, in both time and materials. I’ve done this at least 6 times with different materials and gotten different results.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.