XTOOL P2 Questions

I have just bought an XTOOL P2 and had intended to use it with Lightburn. It is my first laser. XCS seems kind of limited with its SVG and DXF file-handling, but maybe that’s just me still climbing the learning curve. But in any event Lightburn seems considerably more feature-ful, e.g. with kerf control.

I have a couple of questions.

1. For the times when a camera is helpful, I assume I could just add a Lightburn camera? It’s a shame that the already available camera(s) can’t be used, but I gather from another post that the XTOOL team is not being very forthcoming with the technical interface information.

2. I don’t particularly care about autofocus, and editing the material thickness into gcode vs. some other entry box seems a bit goofy but isn’t overly tedious. But I do want to be sure that if the material of a given thickness supported in the same way (on the slats) does not need to be re-measured. If I had to remeasure the height of the head off the material for every run - that would be tedious. (The instructions say that the focus height is set in the startup gcode, which has a G90 followed by a G0Z, where the Z coordinate is the height from the material top surface to a location on the head less 3mm). I don’t know anything about gcode, but google tells me that G90 means absolute coordinates, so I can’t see that I would have to remeasure?)

Here is a solution until/if official cam support for the P2 is included

Alas, I only have Macs these days.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.