Xtool RA2 rotary not staying in position

My Xtool RA2 rotary will not staying in position when engraving glass beer mugs with a handle. Hopefully there is a fix for this problem. Please watch the attached YouTube video.

Thank you in advance!!

What machine are you connecting it to?

You might need to energize the steppers permanently
$1=255

what is happening is the weight of the handle is overcomming the friction of the motor.
$1=255 will keep the motor energized and holding. Motor will warm up a bit though.

However on Xtool machines i am uncertain if this setting works as intended

Hi Gil,

I am running it on a Ortur LM3. Sort of knew it was a weight thing but had no idea on how to fix it. So I would only need to change $1 when I do the mugs or any other heavy item that wants to rotate?

yes that is what i would do, not many other ways about it really
Downside is from that point on all motions must be done with move jog commands as the machine will fight you if you try to move it by hand

That setting didn’t work. I got this error and ALL $ turned red and the mug still moved.

error:2 Numeric value format is not valid or missing an expected value.

I have another burn going right now but when it’s done I am going to try that again just to make sure I didn’t screw up! :upside_down_face:

$1=255
press enter
Should be all it needs
Grante you do this while not running a job and in console window

Hi, Gil. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. This is what I’m getting with the $=255.

ok
$=255
[echo: $]
error:2
Numeric value format is not valid or missing an expected value.

you are missing a 1
$1=255

So you are going to set 255 to GRBL $1 setting

Boy, do I feel stupid now! :crazy_face: :upside_down_face: :worried:

dont, the times i do that myself… ! :smiley:

Just to let you know your suggestion of the 255 command is working great. Thanks again for your help!

Duane

1 Like

Great News!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.