xTool S1 Compatibility

Is there any news from Lightburn Central on an upgrade to provide better compatibility with the xTool S1?

The question is reversed
Is there any news on Xtool firmware team that will make S1 more compatible with Lightburn?

We still do not have a S1 on hand yet - though that’s in progress.

We’re currently trying to get the dev time needed to improve support allocated.

xTool’s claim of ‘LightBurn Compatible’ is tenuous at best.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to work with lightburn and the S1 and it hobbles rather than runs smoothly. Sometimes it works as required and then it doesn’t, im thinking that if xcs has been used previously then lightburn has a “wobble” and doesn’t run properly.

Could you please elaborate a bit on that? If XCS has been used at all (seems hard to avoid) or in a given power-on session, or something else?

I’m not sure how describe this so bear with me. I have used xcs on a vector engraving project and then tried the same project in lightburn to try and gain a comparison ive noticed that the speed in lightburn isnt consistent. I think i ran the project at 50mm/s in xcs and the same in lightburn it was definitely slower and at certain points the laser slowed down noticeably if there was a concentrated area of engraving being carried out.

a few variants on lightburn might do the same

DPI and the level of overscan

You need to compare all items. maybe if you could post a screenshot of both layer settings on lightburn and XCS?

I don’t think I have the files anymore, but I’ll look out for that.

I prefer Lightburn because of the design features I have come to enjoy with my Ortur but now with the Xtool S1 there are too many caveats and misfires with Lightburn. Skipping lines in images cuts being done out of line with engraving missing cuts all together. And shifting up on engraving and cuts.

We have an alpha version in test with a small group right now that is looking very promising. Here It corrects issues with Jogging, probing, Multi-layer problems (the triangle issue and air assist) and many other issues.

Once we have a some more testing we will release it to a beta in the near future.

1 Like

Very good to hear that, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.