The ‘grid’ in my version of Lightburn (2.1.04) is offset to the right so that x 0 on the grid is at least 30mm on the actual honeycomb. How can I adjust this so that I can cut material much closer to the left had edge of the honeycomb?
When you Home the machine, where does it go? Is it in the corner of the honeycomb, or is it 30mm from the honeycomb frame corner?
**Thank you.
The honeycomb which has x and y scale measuring 513x and 323y is moved to the right and bottom of the ‘base’. When I use the Home button the laser moves so that the red cross is 20mm from the left and 17mm from the top of the honeycomb and the values in the Get Position are 0x 0y. I can move it by hand so that the Get Position values are -7.03x and -1.16y
When I use Lightburn to move the laser to the bottom right hand corner of the grid, it moves so that the red cross is on the right hand edge and 7mm below the Honeycomb. When I use Lightburn to move the red cross to the top left hand corner it moves to the same position as when Home is used.
Is there a way that the grid in Lightburn can be ‘moved’ to the left and upwards so that bottom right hand corner is in the Honeycomb area. I think the y value set for the bed will then have to be reduced so that the top of the grid is still in the Honeycomb area. Currently this is set at 498 x 319.
**
The only way I know to get them aligned in your case is to:
- Home the machine. Set Zero for X & Y. Select Absolute Coords.
- Jog over so that the laser is exactly in the front left corner of the honeycomb.
- Record the X & Y coordinates for future reference. You can use them in a Macro for lster startups.
- Set Zero for X & Y. Now all moves over the honeycomb will be positive.
- This new 0,0 will corellate with the 0,0 of the Lightburn design grid.
- Where you design is where the the laser will go.
My honeycombs are both smaller than my machine workspaces. I simply located them where the corner was at the Home position. Then I went straight to Step #6 above.
