xTool S1 must be set to mm

I saw the thread for the beta is currently closed. I wanted to note that I was having very inconsistent burning, it felt like every time I tried to cut it would vary the speed and power and would always slow down around curves and circles and not burn the whole way through on those sections. I found that Lightburn must be set to mm, not inches, and all of those issues went away. I don’t know if this applies to the new beta support for S1 but it is required for the stable release to get the S1 to cut consistently.

2 Likes

Just to confirm again, I was cutting some 6mm plywood yesterday and switched lightburn to inches for a quick measurement and forgot to switch back. The cuts I made when in inches mode, the steppers ran much louder and the speeds were all different. I also had a misregistration in print and cut when in inches. It was my only misregistration of 12 print and cut sets yesterday and I think it is an odd coincidence that it was when lightburn was set to inches.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.