XY Slop Over Error since recent updates

Hello Lightburn.
We have been using this software for a few years now and love it and have had a few slop over errors from time to time - essentially rastering too close to the edge.
Makes perfect sense, so we move the job in from the side.
But since a recent update (possibly 1.3.0 - I am not really sure) we are getting XY Slop Over error constantly and it doesn’t seem to matter how far from the edge it is.
Now, the strange thing is we run the same software on two different computers and it only happens on one of them.
Send the same file from the other computer (same version) and it works perfectly.
I even have simple cutting files with no rastering that gives me an error.
What settings should I be looking for to see if something weird has changed?
The computers are a distance away from each other so it’s hard to compare setup screens side by side.
Both computers are running ethernet hard wired.

Check the limit switches to make sure they’re still working properly, because the symptoms suggest a hardware problem inside the laser.

If they’re proximity switches, look for something as dumb as a paperclip dropped on top: small enough to not trigger the switch all the time, but close enough to shake into position.

If they’re mechanical switches, look for a fossilized rubber boot or built-up crud on the mechanism that prevents the actuator from fully releasing.

Such problems will be intermittent, could get worse over time, and won’t show up unless you stick your head deep inside the machinery to look closely at the side you can’t see from the top. An LED headband light may be your Best Friend, if it also fits in there.

I was also getting that and noticed that if i selected all it would go way to the edge way past the part.
Found out that there was a piece of something left over from editing the part.
What i did was select the part on the screen with drag and copy.open a new page and paste the part back on the page and the slop issue went away.

Thanks ednisley.
But as I said, this isn’t intermittent, it happens every time when a file is sent from one of our computers to the laser but not when the exact same file is sent from the other.
There must be a setting that has changed on one computer but I can’t seem to find what would cause it. We have had this working well for over three years and only recently it has happened.
I just wanted to know if anyone has suggestions on any settings that could cause this.
If no one has any suggestions I am going to just uninstall and reinstall the software again.
I wanted to find the problem first rather than just fix it and hope it doesn’t happen again.

Thanks Gatlin but the “exact” same file sent from the second computer works fine.
Maybe the file is being corrupted when sent from one but not the other.

Try this, “save to RD” file something basic from the computer that is known to work fine - copy it to the computer that seems to create files with slop issues and from that computer use “Run RD file”, select that same file, and see if it runs fine.

If it does run fine, then please use LightBurn>File>Export Prefs, at both PC’s and send both data files to us: support @ lightburnsoftware.com (attn. Nicholas) and I will compare the settings.

Will do, Nicholas.
Give us a bit of time to get that done.
Thanks, that makes sense to compare the RD files to see if there is a corruption or difference.

Hello Nicholas.
We did a bit of experimenting and I drew a simple 100x100 outline.
It would not even frame without XY error.
I moved the machine origin and it wasn’t until the origin exceeded 100,100 that the framing worked.
And behold, we noticed it framed in the opposite direction (to the left).
Lightbulb moment and we checked the “Start position” setting on the software and it was not set to top left.
It appears one of our guys was experimenting shifting the origin in the software rather than on the machine and the setting did not go back.
It just coincided with a software update.
Problem solved - let’s say “Incompetence Factor = 1” - Hehe

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.