XYZ controler board for XYY laser engraver

Hi,

I ordered a wrong cnc laser engraver board with XYZ axis however my laser engraver only has XYY, is there any way I could set/change the Z axis to a second Y axis?

Cheers.

While I do not know anything about this controller board, there is no way I am aware of to mirror an axis in the settings of the grbl firmware.

Ray is correct. However, why would you need how would you use two y axes?

You didn’t specify the machine or the controller very well.

Most low cost lasers don’t have z axis. Usually they work with only x & y motors axes. Maybe a picture would help.

Good luck… :slight_smile:

I need to use 2 Y axis because of the size of My laser engraver 100cm/100cm it has two Y motors on the left and the right.

3 Axis GRBL 1.1f USB Port CNC Router Engraving Machine Controller Board 2418 3018 CNC Router control card
Specification:

Connection: USB (USB-CH340)

Software: GRBL controller, UniversalGcodeSender

Input voltage: 24VDC (12-24VDC)

Stepper motor: support 24V 2A

Spindle motor: support 24V 10A (supports PWM0%-100%)

Master chip: atmel 328P (arduino nano)

Spindle PWM speed: Support

Support stepper motor: 12V, maximum current of 2A or less is recommended within 1.5A and additional heat. (Any stepper motor 42, 57)

Laser engraving: Support

Power Interface: 5.5-2.5mm DC interface

Support system: win-xp,win7,

Here’s my laser engraver.

Cheers

Cheers for the response :pray:t6::pray:t6:

So what you really need is the signals to drive a pair of steppers the same rate at the same time?

The board you have looks like my Woodpecker. The drivers are on the board…

How much do you know about software? The source is open. Don’t know how tough that would be.
If you are thinking about this, you may go over to one of the repositories and ask someone who supports the code, what it would take. They might be able to say yep, it’s easy, or don’t bother. I was in this code, but didn’t read enough to check out how this worked. I was interested in changing how it homed to solve a hardware problem.

Besides a hardware hack the only other option I could suggest is a different controller. One that gives you access to the control signals. The Ruida has outputs that you wire to the drivers. I assume it wouldn’t be an issue to parallel a pair of drivers. Of course the Ruida could be as much as 10 times the price of the woodpecker :frowning:

Good luck, keep us informed :slight_smile:

I know a fare amount when it comes down to softwares. But When it comes down to coding I know very little.
However given my current Geographical location going to the repositories will prove long.
I’d be better of ordering another board.

But I did try connecting the y1 y2 wires into one but only one y stepper motor was receiving the signal.
Uploading: IMG_20210730_111425.jpg…

Thank you so much for your time.
Cheers :clinking_glasses:

Most hardware you can’t parallel it up if it’s in the driver end of things.

How was it designed originally and with what controller and interface hardware?

I think you ‘saved’ the message before the upload was complete. I think you can re-upload it via the icon with the up arrow on it.

Take care… :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.