Y axis not working

Good morning everybody

I am using lightburn on a custom ( enlarged ) twotree totem s 5.5

The machine has been working decently and lightburn gave me no problem until now.

This evening , all in a sudden , the Y axis is not working properly and its moving only in 1 directions
( always Y-)

I have the sensation that this could have happened after installing latest version of lightburn (1.3.01 ) but i am not sure.

does anyone know how to fix the problem ? any suggestion ? many thanks , KR

Appo

You can test things several ways to determine the root cause of what you are experiencing. You can try a different, previous versions of LightBurn to see if you get different results. You can try a different software to check your results. There are a few free/open-source software you can try to help confirm the root cause.

When you say,

How are you checking this? If you are trying to move the laser using the controls on the laser itself, this would indicate an issue with your Y axis hardware and indicate this is not software related. Check all wires for shorts, burn marks or crimps that could cause intermittent failures. Do you hear or see binding in any of the moving parts? These little goodies can vibrate and cause screws / fasteners to come loose over time. Always good to take a brief look to ensure things are moving smoothly, without binding or being too loose.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.