Y Frame Oversize error using rotary

I used my rotary to engrave a dozen glasses yesterday. shut down and came back this morning and now I am getting an error and it won’t let me engrave with rotary. I get Y Frame Oversize error. same file I was engraving yesterday, didn’t; change anything except to shut down. I have rebooted both the laser and the software three times. Rotary is enabled. User Origin and Current Position are in red text. I think they are usually green? what could be the problem?

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 10.58.23 AM

This usually means you are going out of your defined work area.

I usually have my start from set to user origin. This requires you press origin on the machine when all parts are setup.

If you look at the consoles x, y positions do you have room to go the needed direction in the Y axes direction?

If Y will be driven out of range you can manually move it with the Y controls to give you enough room…

Make sense?

:smile_cat:

1 Like

The step per rotation is not too big 3200? I think it should have been 320…or less in the case of rollers

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I found an inelegant solution. I had to reconnect the y axis, move the origin to the middle of the bed, then reconnect rotary.

Ruida and other dsp use, as a basis the steps/rotation of the stepper motor drivers…

Here’s a quick outline of how to set these up… fyi…

Not at all…

You are doing what was suggested. The artwork drove your machine outside of it’s limits.

If you do the same procedure every time they work… somewhere you changed something… in all likelihood the start position ended up in the wrong location…

I don’t use current position as a start from… I like to set my origin so I know where it is…

Glad you figured it out…

Have fun and take care…

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.